Saturday, October 13, 2012

Snickerdoodle Cookie Cupcakes

cupcake saturday

These are going to be the second out of three types of cupcakes I made for my sister's birthday. It seems like all I do is spoil that girl! Last week, I talked about her favorite cupcakes- vanilla with root beer float icing.

This week, it's my favorite out of the three. snickerdoodle cookie cupcakes. Yes, there was a cookie at the bottom. Yes, it was delicious.

 Snickerdoodle Cupcakes

The icing was definitely the best part. I intend to make it again and again. Seriously, it would be amazing on zucchini, or carrot, or even chocolate cupcakes. It was light and fluffy, and the cinnamon really kicked it up a notch.


Alright, I'm drooling already.
 


Snickerdoodle Cupcakes

The cupcake itself was okay. Not spectacularly moist, but still awesome. The best part was the cookie at the bottom.

Unfortunately, the recipe didn't make enough cookies to put in all the cupcakes, which was disappointing. I didn't have enough time to make more, so about half of my cupcakes were cookieless. Don't get me wrong, they were still awesome, it was just a little disappointing.

Next time I make these (because there will definitely be a next time, I'm going to cool the cookie dough longer and double the amount of dough. ...and try not to eat all the frosting before it goes on the cupcakes.

0 comments: